BE Accelerator’s highly anticipated #2nd Batch Demo Day: Health-Tech Epoch is ready to bring you once again to the cutting edge of Health-Tech and Med-Tech startups. 10 game-changing startups from France, Canada, , USA, Singapore,and Taiwan will subvert your imagination and give you a glimpse of the trend and future of healthcare!
INTRODUCTION This year, we are proud to present 10 biomedical startups and their exciting solutions and leading technologies at our Demo Day on July 1st. They will be showcasing how their innovative technologies solve the pain points of today’s healthcare and continue to optimize people’s well-being through the simulation of home care and the real-world situation in hospitals. Their solutions cover all aspects of smart elderly care, including medical AI, telemedicine, smart home care, cancer immunotherapy, hospital information systems and so on. Among the graduates, we have a serial entrepreneur from Y Combinator who is dedicated to the application of AI glasses in elderly care; a smart fabrics startup founded by the PhD alumni of the University of Toronto; a serial entrepreneur who has over ten years of experience in medical technology combining AI and optical technology to enhance the success rate of In vitro fertilization (IVF); a diabetes-care startup expanding from Europe to Asia. Whether you’re looking for opportunities to invest, to collaborate, or to stay abreast on the latest developments of health-tech and med-tech, this is an event you definitely don’t want to miss.
Agenda 12:30-13:00 Sign in 13:00-13:15 Opening 13:15-13:30 Keynote Speech 13:30-14:20 Startup pitch 14:20-14:40 Break 14:40-15:00 Panel Discussion <Healthcare Takeoff: Fly with AI and IoT> 15:00-15:50 Startup pitch 15:50-16:30 Networking
1.UCARE.ai UCARE.ai is a top-notch startup from Singapore. UCARE.ai’s team of data scientists, technologists and doctors came together with one mission: to unlock the impossible for healthcare by creating the most advanced AI capable of making accurate predictions years into the future.
2. Kang Healthcare Kang Healthcare, a Singaporean startup, combines the techniques of pulse-taking in Chinese medicine and artificial intelligence to develop a home-used pulse-reading device. This enables physicians to have remote control/monitoring of patients’ conditions.
3. Diabnext Diabnext, a health-tech startup from France, has created around the idea of bringing large-scale and highly innovative solutions to improve the daily life of diabetes patients and help them live better with their disease.
4. Radica Health Radica Health, founded by the president of Taipei University Hospital, is a startup based in Taipei and works with hospitals across Asia. The company consists of a deeply passionate team of healthcare and health IT veterans with the belief that comprehensive care is the right of all people.
5. Celtec Celtec is dedicated to curing cancer by immunotherapy. We focus on developing novel therapeutic products that harness a patient’s own immune system to target and kill cancer cells. Their technologies include fully-human scFv system and universal linker platform for the next generation of cellular immunotherapies.
6. WeavAir WeavAir, a startup from Canada, offers advanced sensors & predictive analytics solution to save energy & reduce costs of high-value air distribution systems while improving air quality. WeavAir is also the winner of the 2019 Audi Innovation Award.
7. Studio 1 Labs Studio 1 Labs was founded by a PhD from the University of Toronto and was also the winner of 2019 Audi Innovation Award. Studio 1 Labs defines a culture of innovation and opportunity for exponential technologies. They develop complete solutions in-house including fabric sensors, hardware electronics, software applications, and advanced analytics
8. AImed AImed is a med-tech startup with strong technology in artificial intelligence. Its founder has over ten years of experience in med-tech and focuses on using AI to improve the success rate of In-Vitro-Fertilization (IVF).
9. Modar.ai Modar.ai was founded by a serial entrepreneur coming from Y Combinator. The startup aims at protecting valuable memories and helping people with healthcare needs live a quality life again with our AI assistant eyewear.
10. MedFluid MedFluid applies microfluidics as our core technique to develop an in vitro diagnostic (IVD) system to support the precision medicine of antibiotics. They target antimicrobial resistance (AMR) which is a threat to global health.